Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gone sailing

We got out twice this week! 

Wednesday evening Deborah and I went down to the lake after work.  We motored over to Richardson and checked out the new docks.  They look great!  While we were there, we took advantage of the protection from the wind and hanked on the mainsail.  Then it was off for an hour and half of sailing around the lake on just the main. 


Yesterday (Saturday) we took Gaby along and went for a great afternoon sail.  The wind was just about perfect and we spent a lot of time near 6 knots.  Gaby steered for the first bit, including while we raised the sails.  Rig tension looks about right, though I might give the starboard lower about 1/2 turn.



I tried the GoPro mounted on the boom.  I think I like that better than the rail.


No comments:

Post a Comment