Sunday, April 28, 2013

It's not looking good . . .

Article in the Eugene Register-Guard (http://www.registerguard.com/rg/news/local/29786998-75/lake-says-fern-ridge-boats.html.csp) makes it seem likely that we're not gonig to get enough water to sail there this summer. 

"In the first three months of 2013, only 5.09 inches of precipitation fell in Eugene, less than a third of the normal 17.14 inches.

It marked the lowest total since the beginning of local weather records in 1892 and only continued in April, which has seen only 1.44 inches — about half the normal amount."

And an inch less than 2001.  *sigh*.   On the plus side, the county may provide refunds or hold over the money we already paid until next year.  That would be nice.

As an alternative I've been considering a few alternate options. 

1) Buy a Stand Up Paddleboard from Costco.  Price is not compleetely unreasonable but I've never tried one and I'm not sure that's what I want.

2) Buy an old 13' sailboat from Al.  That would solve my sailing bug but it wouldn't handle both of us and it gives me another trailer to store.

3) Buy a land sailor that I saw on Highway 20 on the way home on Friday.  That's what I'm leaning toward at the moment as it would give me a year-round activity and this particular one should fit in the truck, or on it if I get a rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment